* Watching Jaromir Jagr inspire the Devils, I keep wishing that the NHL would quickly strike a new trophy for The Remarkables.
* Although he's been out of hockey sight for a good bit, Sean Avery still gets plenty of ink. (Have you heard that he's getting hitched?)
* Does anyone still care what runaway Ilya (alias Kovy) Kovalchuk is doing with his free time these days in his Third World League?
* For some reason, my favorite Blackhawk is neither captain Jonathan Toews nor Patrick Kane but it is Patrick Sharp. Perhaps it's because my gut tells me that Sharp is really better than JT or PK.
* Guaranteed that the sold-out Outdoor Classic in Ann Arbor will be one of the biggest feather in Gary Bettman's cap; if not the biggest.
* Have you noticed that you never hear a peep from the NHL Players' Association when it comes to the need to end head-hunting and assorted disrespectful behavior by the union card-holders.
* I wish I knew where Scotty Gomez's game went -- and why.
* I'm curious; just curious, that's all,. but maybe you can tell me what Donald Fehr does with his free time these days.
* If players have their names on the backs of their uniforms the same should be the case for referees and linesmen. Why the secrecy?
* If you can come up with the name of more Underrated General Managers than the following, I'd like to know who they are: Don Maloney, Doug Armstrong, Ken Holland, David Nonis, Steve Yzerman and Doug Wilson.
* If you want the names of two goaltenders with a motivator sitting right next to him; try, Martin Brodeur (Cory Schneider) and Henrik Lundqvist (Cam Talbot) .
* The "This Is Quite Possible Department" features the following this week: Ben Scrivens is better than Jonathan Quick and any two Toronto Maple Leafs goaltenders.
* The next coach or player who says, "We have to play it simple" had better have a good explanation for simple because it's become so complicated.
* The Senators have to be fixed.
* Who's going to put a stop to this open season on goalies?