* So the Senators believe they have a number one centre in Kyle Turris? If so, the Sens fans can also believe they'll finish in the cellar.
* Unobtrusively -- and without any fuss and fanfare -- Steve Yzerman is constructing an impressive, playoff-guaranteed roster.
* If you were Alain Vigneault who would you pick for your post-Callahan Rangers captain: Ryan McDonagh or Dan Girardi?
* After watching the Final round, it would have to be McDonagh. Dangerous Dan should be quite happy wearing the "A."
* I'd hate to see Tom Renney exit Detroit for that coveted Team Canada post. But I figure Pal Tom knows what's good for himself.
* An early playoff exit means that Boston hockey writers have to select one name Bruin for "Potential Trade Of The Month." This time it's David Kreji.
* Last month it was Brad Marchand and in August it no doubt will be Zdeno Chara.
* If Martin Brodeur fails to get the gig of his choice, will he opt for a front office job or join some group looking for an expansion franchise?
* Or will Marty quietly exit Stage Right wondering precisely how the Devils high command plans to fete Mister Goalie.
* Ron Wilson, Mike Keenan, Tom Renney and John Tortorella -- among many name bench bosses -- all struck out in bids for head NHL coaching spots. Considering the openings this could spell finis for a few, topped by Keenan.
* Isn't it about time the Leafs got it over with and traded Dion Phaneuf, easily the most over-rated captain and defenseman between Toronto and Toledo?
* You and I know that Marian Gaborik had one heckuva playoff. But does make him valued at more than the net worth of South Korea?
* Then again, who am I to tell the Stanley Cup-winners how they should spend their not-so-petty-cash?
* When it comes to coaching the one guy who darn well not lose too many games in October happens to work for the Oilers.
* So far he's talked like a winner and coached a lot worse than he did in the AHL.