* Can you believe; only one Canadian team (Habs) is making the playoffs.
* The Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch wonders "What happened to Canada's teams?"
* That's an easy answer in Canada's capital; Bryan Murray botched the Senators.
* As for Toronto, you can start with the ridiculous signing of David (As In Does Nothing) Clarkson and go from there.
* Signing Carlson wasn't Randy Carlyle's fault but if Handy Randy survives this gosh-awful-seemingly-endless losing streak then miracles do happen.
* The problem in Hogtown -- alias Toronto -- is that Leafs president Tim Leiweke doesn't wait for miracles to happen, he tries to create them himself; by firing people.
* Calgary is in the Brian Burke phase which means no playoffs this year but an off-season boom! After that, who knows?
* The biggest joke of all -- mis-management-wise -- is Edmonton where all they sell is hope in October. By Christmas it's hopeless.
* John Tortorella couldn't turn a failing franchise into a post-season success. The question in British Columbia is basic; could any other coach done better with the mess at hand? Doubtful; not with that goaltending.
* It's still hard to believe that the Devils have not won a single Shootout all season; and not a single fellow on the roster has scored a Shootout goal.
* One hockey man told another hockey man that it would be wise for the Bruins to lose a game or two because all this winning won't count for them in the playoffs.
* Easy to say, but I don't buy that. You play to win. Period!