* Do you really believe that there's a difference between "Western" and "Eastern" styles of hockey?
* If so, I suggest checking out whether the world is flat.
* Okay, okay, if there is as difference -- which I severely doubt -- we'll find out soon enough as this Cup challenge begins.
* Hey these guys wear the same skates, use about the same sticks, and all play for money; bigger than BIG money.
* Now if you're talking about goalies, that's a Quick of a different color. Big Jon vs. The King is like Joe Louis vs. Billy Conn or Billy Smith vs. The Civilized World.
* And how about the contrasts in coaches. Darryl Sutter looks like a reformed rhino while Alain Vigneault is a perfect double for the maitre d' at the Waldorf.
* My most significant warning to the Rangers is to be aware of this Tyler Toffoli monster. It doesn't sound like a hockey player but sure plays like one.
* Easily the most motivated player on either team is King Henrik.
* Bringing the Mug to New York would easily be Lundqvist's most meaningful accomplishment.
* Even more than bringing Sean Avery in as his business partner.
* Avery is still smirking over John Tortortella being canned twice in two years and Torts is smirking over the four year$ left on his Vancouver pact.
* My two favorite defensemen in the Final are -- in alphabetical order, of course -- are Kevin (I'm Not The Actor And Never Will Be) Klein and Willie (Velvelah) Mitchell.
* Other than to see the Final, the only other reason I'd go to L.A. is to see if I can buy a pack of Goldenberg's Peanut Chews.
* In the famed Carcillo Case, The Commish did the right thing.