* DETROIT OVER BOSTON — Every playoff requires a major upset so might as well have the miracle-they’re-in-the-playoffs Red Wings do the trick. (Don’t ask me how; ask Mike Babcock.) Figure six games.
* TAMPA BAY OVER MONTREAL — The Habs are favored if only because Ben Bishop has been injured and that Carey Price won a Gold Medal. But with Steve Stamkos leading the way, the Bolts will do it in seven.
* COLUMBUS OVER PITTSBURGH — You beat Pitt by driving Sid Crosby and Evgeni Malkin nuts by hitting them (cleanly; sometimes not) at every occasion. Energized Brandon Dubinsky and mates can do it in six.
* NEW YORK OVER PHILADELPHIA — The limb may be thin but I’m picking the Rangers in a sweep. Better goaltending; better defense; better Blueshirts blend of forward lines; better coach and better karma.
* MINNESOTA OVER COLORADO — Everybody — including Patrick Roy — is in love with the manner in which Patrick Roy has coached the Avs. But I like the way Zach Parise-Ryan Suter blended their talents. Wild in six.
* ST.LOUIS OVER CHICAGO — The defending champs have won a couple of Cups in a short time and will be fill them with little motivation. By contrast, Ken Hitchcock’s Blues never sipped champagne. Motivation wins for St.Louis in seven.
* DALLAS OVER ANAHEIM — As much as I love any Bruce Boudreau team, I’m persuaded that the Ducks have over-achieved by so much that they’re bound to come down to NHL terra firma. Beware of Jamie Benn. Stars in six.
* LOS ANGELES OVER SAN JOSE — A lot of people like the Sharks and I do, too. Many root for Joe Thornton, Inc. to finally win The Cup. But the Kings have proven that they know how to do it — and Quick-ly. Kings in five.