* It took James Reimer a month to see the Insight Light. The beam told him that he'd better sign with Toronto or start job-hunting in a hurry.
* A Little Birdie -- disguised as his agent -- chirped that being back-up to Jonathan Bernier is better than starting in the KHL.
* The Reimer signing has had collateral damage for Martin Brodeur because Mister Goalie has but one NHL team remaining that might sign him: Minnesota.
* On the one hand, the good news for Marty is that his buddy, Zach Parise, will lobby management for Brodeur. The bad news is that the high command may not want the future Hall of Famer.
* Nobody knows John Tortorella better than Jay Feaster. Goes back to their Lightning Cup days. So when Jay says Torts deserves to coach again in the NHL, I second the motion.
* David Clarkson ranks among the Ten Most Likeable NHL Guys. That's why it's so tough putting the rap on him for his -- so far -- failure in Toronto.
* You want other Most Likeables; Nabby Nabokov; John Tavares, Zdeno Chara, Drew Doughty, Henrik Lundqvist, Adam Henrique, Willie Mitchell, Scott Hartnell and Brian Gionta.
* P.K. Subban is what he is; the face of Canadiens. His skill and passionate game blend perfectly. I can't think of another Montreal defenseman from any era quite like him.
* But when it comes to Habs forwards, he does have a lot of Rocket Richard's passion in him.
* If the NHL won't give Stephane Quintal the full-time job as head of NHL Player Safety then I'm now officially lobbying for Claude Loiselle.