* Sidney Crosby can choose his favorite golf course and make reservations for THIS MONTH.
* Rangers will beat Pittsburgh in no more than six games; could even be five.
* Five reasons; Better goalie (Henrique Lundqvist), better complete defense (led by Ryan McDonagh) and better coach (Alain Vigneault, in case you forgot.)
* As for Crosby and his Russian cousin, Evvy Malkin, they are defeat-able as history has proven.
* Among others, Dan Carcillo will yap Sid to distraction, among other Blueshirts pests.
* And that includes the much underrated Mats Zuccarello.
* Figure the Sharks to put Joe Thornton, Dan Boyle and Patrick Marleau on the market.
* G.m. Doug Wilson stays — for sure.
* Todd McLellan is another story.
* Remember the debate over who was the better Detroit assistant coach — McLellan or Mike Babcock?
* The nod goes to Babcock who may lose his sidekick, Tom Renney, to any one of five vacant head-coaching jobs.
* John Tortorella needs to take a deep breath; count his money and realize that — just maybe — something’s amiss with his coaching style.
* Then Torts can exhale and count the dozen offers he receives to become a tv analyst in Canada.
* With a good clothier, Torts also could become American version of Don Cherry; not that Gary Bettman would be so tickled about that.
* So far Mike Milbury has been the closest thing to Uncle Sam’s version of Cherry and Michael does an excellent job of it.
* Right now the most underrated coach in the world is Darryl Sutter. In case you have forgotten, Sutter originally plied his coaching trade in Japan.
* I’m going with the Habs to deflate the Big, Bad, Bruins in six on account of the fact that my wise buddy, Gus Vic, sends along that suggestion; and I like it.
* Of course that will require a mammoth performance by Carey Price but that’s not impossible either.
* Face it, the Sharks are the Brooklyn Dodgers of hockey. It took the Brooks a half-century to win a World Series.
* So, what’s the rush in San Jose?
* Chicago in five over Minny because too many Blackhawks know the fun of a Cup parade.
* I’m rooting for the Ducks but when you think about it, the Kings have the same Cup recollections as Chi. Therefore, L.A. in six.
* The coach under the utmost pressure to win this round is Dan Bylsma; by a country mile of ice.