* The Rangers are losing to two teams at once: 1. The Kings; 2. The officials.
* There's no way Dustin Brown's goal should have happened because L.A. should have been penalized for delay of game.
* It was an egregious error sloughed off because what else could the NHL do but move on to the next game.
* Not to beat a dead issue -- or is it still alive? -- but it seems that goaltender interference against Henrik Lundqvist only gets called if he's wheeled off on a gurney.
* Considering that 99 percent of the Canadian media and 85 percent of the American media favored L.A. the Rangers haven't done too badly overall.
* Trouble is that overalls don't count and wins do.
* One thing Darryl Sutter knows how to do -- apart from squelching the media -- is win.
* So far in the Final Round, Brad Richards has not made a good case for himself in the Don't Buy Me Out Department.
* Two games into the Final Round the two most underrated defensemen are Willie (Velvelah) Mitchell and Anton Stralman. They're smart, hard-tryers.
* Considering how tough these teams are playing I'm surprised that the H.Q. (as in Hate Quotient) isn't higher than it has been.
* Dan Carcillo, where are you when the Rangers need you most?
* Dan Bylsma in Vancouver make sense to me but may not to Jim Benning.
* Staples Center ice in Game Two reminded me of Central Park ice during a January thaw.
* Yes, there is room for John Tortorella to coach another NHL team; ditto for Mike Keenan and Ron Wilson.
* Nothing against Drew Doughty but Ryan McDonagh is in the same superior class of defending and offending.
* Alain Vigneault is rapidly catching up to Darryl Sutter in the Squelch The Media Derby.
* Grilled about the Dwight King interference on Henrik Lundqvist, AV had three little words in reply: ASK THE NHL.
* Ask why he thought his Rangers lost Game Two, the Blueshirts leader had eight little words: THEY SCORED ONE MORE GOAL THAN WE DID.
* By the way, "Ask The NHL" is standard coach-speak for "We Wuz Robbed By The Refs" and generally avoids a fine.
* Trouble is, the Rangers wuz robbed!