* How come nobody has bleated about the awful refs call against the Rangers in the third period of Game 5 that turned the game in favor of LA?
* Two legs collide but only the Ranger is penalized. Power play goal follows.
* Reminds of the atrocious pro-Kings reffing in the final game of the Devils series in 2012. But that zebra -- no names at the Cafe Discreet -- never surprised me.
* Okay, okay; yeah the Kings were the better team but that does not excuse horrendous officiating of which we received for nine months.
* All in all, Rangers fans have taken the defeat well. They never figured that their Blueshirts would get so far, so fast.
* A vexing question in Rangerville is whether Henrik Lundqvist could have better handled the rebound that led to the easy-to-deposit Cup-winner?
* The answer depends on which goalie coach you consult.
* Interesting that both Mike Richards and Brad Richards could wind up on different teams next season.
* Congrats to the Staples Center crowd for being so respectful of Commissioner Gary Bettman.
* After all, thanks to the Commish, the NHL never has been stronger and never have the players lined their wallets with more dough-re-me.
* Funny how only after the curtain drops to you learn about all the injuries with which the stick handlers played over the four rounds.
* Thanks to Cam Talbot for solving the Cam Talbot mystery.
* One element missing from the Final was pure, unadulterated hatred.
* That's why I wanted the Rangers to dress Dan Carcillo for the last two games.
* Now that the Rangers know what it's like to reach the Final without a captain it's time now to give Ryan McDonagh the "C."
* My condolences to the family of former NHL defenseman Larry (The Rock) Zeidel.
* Larry was one of the first to give the Flyers an identity in Philly's first year of expansion.
* Zeidel was involved in two of the most vicious stick fights in hockey history. 1. Larry vs. Jack Evans when Zeidel was with the Edmonton Flyers and Evans with Saskatoon Quakers. 2. Zeidel and Eddie Shack of the Bruins.
* Media types who already are forecasting the next Cup-winner need a passport to the Planet Krypton!