* How do Canadians define the word they most use -- eh? For more than a half-century I've wondered about the Canadian eh and still don't get it. Maybe you can help me.
* Funny thing about the Martin Brodeur soap opera is what appears to be his Plan B: a front office gig.
* What's so fascinating about that is the Marty is hinting that he'd come back to the Devils in an upstairs capacity. Which prompts two questions: 1. What would Mister Goalie do? 2. Does Lou Lamoriello want him for his high command?
* My answers: 1. Just guessing, I have a feeling that Marty would like to do what Steve Yzerman did with Detroit; learn the g.m. biz and eventually take over; 2. Based on some Brodeur not-so-sweet comments in the home stretch, I think not.
* Who gets signed first; Michael Del Zotto, Tim Thomas or Martin Brodeur? Gotta be Del Zotto. Young with potential.
* What are the odds that a summer of celebration and adulation will make Jonathan Quick a more agreeable interview? 12-1 against.
* What are the odds that David Clarkson enjoys a comeback season after his 2013-14 disaster? 8-1 against!
* The hope in Philly is that Steve Mason is for real and won't wind up being a rookie-of-the year in the Andrew (Where Is He?) Raycroft mold.
* Senior citizens unlikely to ever win a Cup: 1. Dan Alfredsson; 2. Shane Doan; 3. Danny Briere. My favorite long-shot is Evgeni (Nabby) Nabokov who just might turn the trick in Tampa Bay.
* Is there a better unheralded defensive center than Frans Nielsen? Plus, the delightful Dane is a shootout whiz. Not a bad double-dip., Eh!
* This is not the season to underestimate the Blue Jackets. And if you don't believe me, ask John Davidson.
* Nobody can convince me that the Trapezoid is necessary. In honor of Marty Brodeur's retirement -- whenever that shall be -- the geometric monstrosity should be eternally erased!