* Justice Triumphs Department: Darcy Regier, one of the true good guys of the biz, lands assistant g.m. job in Arizona.
* That proves a couple of things: 1. Don Maloney is a smart cookie: 2. The Coyotes will have a better front office than it had a month ago.
* Okay, wise people, if you're Dave Nonis in Toronto or a g.m. anywhere else; do you make a deal for Martin Brodeur?
* You sure do, if Marty accepts a bottom-rung, one-year pact for a $1 million and not a penny more. And, if you're Nonis, you can peddle James Reimer, presto pronto.
* Dan Alfredsson is a compelling free agent because he is Danny A. That means you'll get your money’s worth. Trouble is nobody knows whether there's gas or ginger ale in Alfie's tank.
* If I'm a Panthers fan, I'm more excited about the Tabbys chances this upcoming season than for a long time.
* The New York Rangers need a captain.
* On second thought; no they don't. They have Ryan McDonagh and if this nifty defenseman doesn't get the captaincy, I'll be a moose-tailed baboon. (No comments, please!)
* The good news out of Newark is that Lou Lamoriello says he's close to signing Cory Schneider to an extension.
* Better news for Schneider is that Martin Brodeur's shadow won't be hovering over Cory's dressing room stall.
* Since no team wins two Stanley Cups in a row anymore, the time has come to start figuring out which club will and don't jump to any conclusions and say Chicago; or Boston.
* Why not pick Pittsburgh with an exciting new coach, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and a darn good lineup built by Jim Rutherford.
* With a full season under his belt, Martin St. Louis will be an even better Blueshirt.